Wednesday 24 August 2011

How To Treat Fever Blisters in Toddlers

Cold sores or fever blisters are just that blisters found inside the mouth, normally on the tongue and the walls of the mouth. In some cases, fever blisters may even appear on the chin and inside the nose. When they do appear, be prepared for a world of hurt as these tiny lesion-like nightmares can be quite painful and very irritating. Worst of all, it is viral (a strain of herpes simplex) and very contagious. Contact with an open sore is not a good idea.

Unfortunately, fever blisters can be contracted by toddlers as well. Obviously, toddlers will not be as tolerant of the pain. Worse, they will not know how to properly treat and care for the sores. This is where you, as the parent comes in. It is your duty to make your kid feel better. It will entail comforting him for around a week since these blisters normally take that long to mature and eventually disappear. Here are some tips on how to care for your toddler now infected with fever blisters.
  • Reduce the fever. Most of the time, fever blisters are accompanied by a mild fever, especially if the affected person is a child. If that is the case, then you will want to reduce that fever in order to make your kid feel more comfortable as well as to decrease the risks of further complications. Treat the fever with medication. If your kid feels hot to the touch, use a cold compress and apply it on his forehead to bring the fever out. You may want to consult your doctor as well about the fever.
  • Tend to the blisters. The pain felt by the child will often be localized in the area of the sores or blisters. Fortunately, there are a few ways to reduce the pain felt. For starters, you can place ice or a pack of ice on the blisters. The cold will numb the nerve endings which will temporary eliminate the pain. You may also want to consider using pain relievers. There are orally taken pain relievers available specifically designed for children’s consumption. These are over-the-counter medications and should not be too difficult to purchase and administer. If you do not want your kid to take medication, you can opt for pain relieving topic agents such as creams and ointments. However, these will only be applicable if the sores are outside of the mouth.
  • Avoid the sun. Most people do not know that the sun can actually contribute the spread of the blister on the other parts of the body. It happens with exposure. That said it is critical that your kid avoids exposure as much as possible. If that is not a luxury for you, then consider layering his face with sunscreen and lip balm, those with high SPF ratings.

Finally, make sure to take a trip to your doctor and ask him to examine your kid. Sometimes, fever blisters may conceal a more serious complication. It is important that you rule this out. In addition, your doctor can prescribe certain medication to help speed up the healing process as well as provide more comfort to your kid.
By : Russell Brooks

2 comments:

  1. My heart is full of joy and i don"t really know how to start thank.i have been living in pains for the past 2 years now not until i meet Professor Oseamuyi who was able to restore my life back with his herbal medicine, i was infected with Genital Herpes for two years now everyday of my life i cry to God as I was a mother of 2 cute kids who were looking up to me i was still taking my medication from the hospital which cost me a lot, I also did some prayers to God that he should do some miracle in my life,Few Months ago i was browsing on net when I found some good testimonials about Professor Oseamuyi Herbs, and someone recommended that he has cured Hiv,Hpv,ulcer,and so many other disease I always had faith that God could use someone to heal me, then I contacted Professor Oseamuyi and I told him my problems, he told me not to worry that with God all things are possible and also that he was going to prepare for me some herbal herbs which i am to take and he is going to send the medicine to me, well after all the guidance and medication from Professor Oseamuyi he advice that i go for check up again to see my status result and he assured me of good result, i was afraid at this point cause i never wanted someone to tell me again that i am positive, after 2 days I went to the Hospital for check up and they said the result was to come out by sautday, at 10:00 AM on saturday the Doctor called me and told me that the result was out and I am Negative, I was shocked and could not believe it, I immediately called Professor Oseamuyi and told him about the good news he told me to rejoice and make sure I share my testimony with my friends and that is why I am doing this right now, friends you can contact Professor Oseamuyi today on professoroseamuyi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, this is serious. My Brother of 39 years who has suffered of HERPES for 1 and half years has been cured by a Herbal doctor called Dr. KEN who uses herbal and traditional medicine to cure people. I have spent so much on my Brother's health paying hospital bills for years but no improvement. A friend told me about this herbal man who cure people with herbal medicine. He cures all sickness, diseases, viruses, and infections with his different herbal curing medicine.
    The result that declares my Brother Roland healed was from a hospital here in New York, And the results of the test says my brother was okay. Dr KEN directed that my Brother would be okay in 21 days if he uses the medicine as directed. And 21 days later, we went to confirm it from the central hospital and several test that was done says my brother is fully healed. So he was cured by this herbal doctor in 21 days. This amaze me though. I would advice everyone to meet this Dr KEN who made my Brother healthy again.
    Meet Dr KEN and set yourself and your love ones free.
    Doctor KEN's email again is kenherbalcure@gmail.com or call +2347034971061.

    ReplyDelete